Howdy. I'm a geek, humanist, avid lifelong learn, technologist, and entrepreneur. I'm into burritos, beer, soccer, coffee, and ideas. And I'm an adventurer in self-employment, tech consulting, and high-tech.
On this site you can dig into resources I've created with the aim of helping others facing the same issues I've encountered or who are thinking about the same things I am.
I blog about my adventures here: in self-employment, being a technologist-at-large, avoiding the 9 to 5, and topics that come up in my day job of helping clients tackle a wide variety of IT related matters.
As you browse around, I hope you find something interesting and of value in your endeavors. I also invite you to join my mailing list. You will be notified when new material is posted and it is generally where I share things first.
Need help with an IT related project or situation? I offer professional advisory services, implementation assistance, and customized engagements built around specific objectives and metrics to help you with your next IT development, network, security, operations, or management related challenge. Click here to find out more.
What's New see all posts
- Cloud Strategies Miss the Point
- The Unthinkable Optimization
- The Problem of "Stealth Work" in Technology Teams
- The Biggest Problem Facing Internal IT Teams Isn't What Many People Think
- Taking your own advice
- Skills aren't what is valuable
- You have to start somewhere (inaugural post for new site)
- Google's 'Nudge' to Web Site Operators and HTTPS Everywhere
What Others Say About Me…
"Josh is a person that I respect, trust and admire." Tim Williams, Digital West Networks